Galveston Government Employees Credit Union is a unique, not-for-profit financial institution. We have an extensive field of membership, and we’re expanding all the time to allow more groups to enjoy the benefits of membership.
Our credit union belongs to its members, and we encourage every member of your entire family to join GGECU.
Who is eligible for membership?
You and your family members are eligible for membership if you or anyone in your family are members of any of the following groups:
- Civilian and military employees of the U.S. Government who work in or have headquarters in Galveston County or who receive logistic support from a federal office in Galveston County
- Retired civilian and military employees of the U.S. Government who reside in Galveston County
- Employees of the U.S. Public Health Hospital, Nassau Bay area
- Elected and appointed employees of Galveston County
- Groups of employees or members of companies or associations which are located within 10 miles of the credit union
- BNSF Employees, COE Employees, Post Office Employees
At Galveston Government Employees Credit Union, our policy is “Once a member, always a member.” Even if you change employers, retire or move away, you retain your membership with all its benefits.
All it takes to join is an initial deposit of $5 into your individual or joint regular share account, so don’t delay – Join the GGECU Family Today!
For more information about joining GGECU,
contact us today!